NARAL Policy Recommendations
For a Comprehensive Strategy to Protect Adolescent Reproductive Health
May 1, 1998
America must adopt a multi-pronged approach to remedy the adolescent
reproductive health crisis. That policy should:
- Address and improve the underlying conditions that foster teen pregnancy.
- Provide age and developmentally appropriate comprehensive health and sexuality education
programs that include abstinence.
- Improve and expand access to programs that provide contraceptive care.
- Prevent diversion of funding from effective programs to abstinence-only
- Discontinue abstinence-only curricula.
Back to top